Thursday, May 5, 2016


I'm a Princess now!

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.”  Tommy Lasorda
                                    
If the dream is big enough, the facts don't count.


Live your life.....make your dream come true.” Asimakis



Cherish your visions and your dreams, as they are the children of your soul and the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.”
Napoleon hill


I don't remember anybody telling me those things when I was young. Today, those ideas are common-place and taught widely in the schools, but I don't remember being told to dream big or that I can do whatever I want as long as I believe in myself.

Would I have turned out differently, if someone had told me; if I was allowed to dream beyond being a wife and mother?

The only career-dream I can remember having was wanting to be a social-worker. That was because I read some books about a social worker helping foster children. But no one encouraged me in that dream and today I would not want to be a social-worker. I know that I could not co-labor with a society that believes in relativism. Yet, sometimes when I read quotes on dreams, I wonder why I never had strong aspirations to be a “success.” Do or did I have a weak mind? Did I miss out? Was there more that I could have aspired to?

At the bottom of my heart, when I go deep, I realize that my only aspiration in this life is to be His princess. Period.


That's really all I've ever wanted. And the dream has been fulfilled. I am His Princess! Day in and Day out, 24-7, forever and eternity.

I met the King when I was very young. I remember whispering to Him in my bed at night, telling Him, “I am yours.” When I was 9 I made a public declaration and was immersed in water at my church. At 13, I made another public declaration and soon after was filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues. But I didn't know I was or had become His princess until later in life.

At 42, after a life of “failure” which included: a divorce, a son hooked on drugs, and a job that barely supported me, He showed me a vision of a vase. The vase was broken and lay scattered in many pieces which He gently picked up and glued every single piece back together. The vase was now more beautiful than it had been before. Sunlight sparkled off the former cracks in the vase, now mended with gold. It was filled with fragrant, beautiful roses. He told me, “You are that vase and you are my Princess. You walk in the courts of the Most High.”



I carried that vision in my heart and noticed that I was starting to hold my head higher. I knew who I was. I knew my identity. One day, I was in Berlin, preaching on the street and someone gave me a pin they had which read, “I am His Princess!” I was so excited! I put the pin on my coat lapel and wore it proudly for several years. One day someone admired it greatly and I heard the Holy Spirit say, “Give it to her.” It was hard to give away as it had been a daily reminder of my calling, but I gave it to her. Years have gone by and now I do not regret that I gave my pin away. That girl needed it, just like I had needed the vision of who I am: cracked and broken but made beautiful by my King.



Every once in awhile, I see proficient people who are “living their dream” and have accomplished things far beyond what they ever thought or imagined. They worked their way out of poverty; against all odds they got a degree; they learned a foreign language; they bought their dream house or their dream car and I see that and think, “What's wrong with me? Why didn't I have those kinds of dreams?” But not for long because I remember, my only real dream in life is to be His princess and that dream has been fulfilled: I AM HIS PRINCESS! Spending time with Him, He has shown me ways to paint pictures; He has helped me to use my voice to worship Him and He has taught me simple chords on the piano. Together, we have written songs that He loves. We do fun things like walk down the street and pray for neighborhoods and people that pass us by. Nobody knows. Nobody sees. But we know and we smile together. Sometimes He blesses me with amazing gifts such as a gourmet dinner out paid for by a friend or an expensive pair of shoes found at the Goodwill. Together we have traveled all around Europe, to Israel and Belarus – far bigger dreams than I ever could have dreamt! I smile. I say inside, “He gives such good gifts to me, His princess.”

And my dream, my desire will never come to an end. It won't burn up when this earth fades away. I will be His princess into eternity.  



No comments:

Post a Comment