Friday, January 26, 2018

SHOW US YOUR GLORY!



“Then Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu and the seventy elders of Israel climbed up the mountain. There they saw the God of Israel. Under His feet there seemed to be a surface of brilliant blue lapis lazuli, as clear as the sky itself. And though these nobles of Israel gazed upon God, He did not destroy them. In fact, they ate a covenant meal, eating and drinking in His presence!” Exodus 23: 9-11

Every time I read those verses, I am overcome. God, coming down from heaven to man and revealing His glory and power. “Lord, I want to see you,” and I don't believe He is hiding. Soon, the whole earth will SEE Him, when He returns. “Look! He comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see Him - even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for Him. Yes! Amen.” Revelation 1:7

Isaiah saw Him in the temple. “It was in the year King Uzziah died that I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the temple.” Isaiah 6:1

Paul saw him on the road to Damascus. “As he was approaching Damascus on this mission, a light from heaven suddenly shone down around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, 'Saul! Saul! Why are you persecuting me?'
'Who are you Lord?' Saul asked.
And the voice replied, 'I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting!” Acts 9:3-5
“Then Barnabas brought him to the Apostles and told them how Saul had seen the Lord on the way to Damascus...” Acts 9:27

Yahweh is revealing Himself to many all over the world. Muslims are seeing Jesus in dreams and converting to Christianity in record numbers.



I myself saw Him when I was in Jerusalem. I was in a church service worshipping when I saw Him. I saw brilliant blue stone water surrounding him and I saw His eyes. They were blue and shinning with joy and confidence. With one look into His eyes, I saw that He was not worried about anything. He was not fretting about the affairs of the world or what various nations were threatening. At that time, I was worried about money – the lack of it but when I saw His eyes, I knew I could laugh at tomorrow because He was so unconcerned about any attack from the enemy.

After the 70 elders of Israel, along with Moses, Aaron and his sons, had the encounter with Yahweh, Moses was called to go further up and further in to the Lord's presence. The rest were to remain and wait for Moses to return. Moses was on the mountain forty days and forty nights.
Jesus too was led away from people and into the wilderness for forty days and forty nights. Is there a correlation here? Did Jesus go to the same spot where Moses saw the Lord?

When we enter into the presence of the Lord, satan will often throw his fiercest, fiery arrows at us. Satan knew who Jesus was and he threw everything he could at Jesus in order to thwart him from His mission of becoming our sacrificial Lamb.

When Moses came down from the mountain, it appeared that all was lost! The people, after just agreeing to serve the Lord and Him only and to make no graven images – had not only forsaken the Lord but made a graven image.

We are in a battle with satan till the day we die and go home to heaven. If he knows that he can't make us turn away from Jesus, he will then make our lives as miserable as possible on this earth because he hates Jesus and he hates us.

I'm so glad the Lord told us the end of the story! Satan will be bound. He will be thrown into a pit and although he now has freedom on this earth to operate, he is still conquered. There is no contest.
Let us press on to see the Lord and walk in His glory. Moses said to God in Exodus 33:15-18, “If you don't personally go with us don't make us leave this place. How will anyone know that you look favorably on me – on me and on your people – if you don't go with us: For your presence among us sets your people apart from all other people on the earth.”

“Then the Lord responded, “I will indeed do what you have asked, for I look favorably on you and I know you by name.”

Moses responded, “Then show me your glorious presence.”

Seek His glorious presence each day. Spend time with Him in a quiet place. He is our Lord, counselor, teacher and Captain. He wants you to see Him as He is.



No comments:

Post a Comment