Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Be imitators of Christ!

JESUS learned OBEDIENCE from the things He suffered.   Hebrews 5:8

So, we too learn to obey our Papa through suffering.  

If we hang in there and stay obedient, then we learn that JOY comes in the morning and that all we suffered was for the glory of God.


Bend down Oh Lord and hear my prayer;  
Answer me for I need your help; 
Protect me, for I am devoted to you; 
SAVE me for I serve you and trust you.
Be merciful O God, for I am calling on you constantly.  
Give me happiness O Lord, for my life depends on you.
O Lord You are so good, so ready to forgive - 
so full of unfailing love,for all who ask your aid.
                                                    Psalm 86


A couple of months ago, I listened to an amazing testimony about a man (Dan Bauman) who was imprisoned in Iraq for his faith.  He was held in prison for 11 weeks with the threat of death over his head.  He really thought he would die and he was prepared to go straight into the arms of Jesus.  Thankfully, he was miraculously set free and through his testimony many prison guards and the Judge came to know Jesus.  After, I heard his testimony, I was reading Philippians 2:7 which says:

"When the time came, Jesus set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human!"  Message Bible



It hit me that for Jesus to come down and live on earth, it must have felt  confining; small; dirty; lonely; and constricting compared to heaven.  Perhaps similar to how prison felt to Dan Bauman or anyone who has experienced being locked up.  I don't believe that we can even begin to imagine the scope; immensity; purity and beauty of heaven.  Jesus was already reigning there and still He chose to come down to this earth.  Yet (vs. 8) He didn't claim special privileges.  Instead, He lived a selfless, obedient life, and then died a selfless, obedient death.  The worst kind of death as well, a crucifixion!  

The bible says that we are to be "imitator's of God" (Ephesians 5:1).  Say "Yes" to whatever God asks of you and keep the door of your heart open to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment